Welcome to Prospect Park Animal Clinic
We're excited that you've chosen to visit the official website for Prospect Park Animal Clinic in Brooklyn, NY. From routine wellness exams and preventative procedures to treatment of illnesses and injuries, we want to be your trusted veterinarian. Take a moment to look through this site and get an idea of the many ways we can help your pet live a long, healthy life. Then reach out to us and set up your first visit and consultation at our office.
Need a Veterinarian in Brooklyn? Meet Our Trusted Team
When you're looking for a veterinarian, you want someone who combines skill, experience, and a heartfelt compassion for all kinds of pets. Here at Prospect Park Animal Clinic, our veterinarians and support staff strive to meet those expectations. Practice owner Dr. Leonard Silverman, who received his degree at the University of Bologna has been serving patients here since 1984. Dr. Nick Silverman, a Brooklyn native, received his DVM from Ross University, and has been with PPAC since 2016. They're supported by a skilled, dedicated staff of animal lovers who aim to give your pet very best of care through his life.
Veterinary Services and Conditions Treated
Prospect Park Animal Clinic strives to offer the most complete veterinary care possible. We maintain a variety of services such as:
- Wellness exams - Regular checkups that evaluate every aspect of your pet's health
- Preventative care - Vaccinations, microchipping, flea/tick control, heartworm testing and prevention, and other procedures to keep your pet safe and healthy
- Emergency, illness, or injury- If your pet is sick or has an emergency, we are here to help
- Surgery - Spaying and neutering, abdominal surgery, emergency surgery, orthopedic surgery and more
- Dentistry - Dental checkups, cleanings, extractions, and treatment to safeguard your pet's teeth and gums
- Imaging- Digital x-ray and ultrasound to help us diagnose conditions quickly and accurately
- Lab Work - In-house and reference laboratories are available for blood and urine testing
- Dermatology - Diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of skin problems, from contact dermatitis and fungal infections to cancer
- Endocrinology- Various hormonal disorders can be diagnosed and treated through a combination of history, physical exam, and laboratory testing
- Geriatric care- Helping pets with diseases that develop as they age including arthritis, organ failure, cancer, and others. We also help with palliative care and hospice care when needed
- Pet laser therapy - Low-level laser treatments that safely ease pain and inflammation while accelerating the healing process
- Domestic and international health certificates with USDA certification
- Boarding - Comfortable enclosures, affectionate daily care, and veterinary treatment as needed while you're away
- Pharmacy services - We offer both a well-stocked in house pharmacy as well as a web-based pharmacy to get your pets the meds they need.